- Step One: Select the impression tray that fits your mouth best. Stand in front of the mirror.
- Step Two: Open one set of putty, one base and one catalyst. Ensure that your hands are clean to prevent dust or dirt from contaminating the putty.
- Step Three: Use fingers to knead the impression material to a uniform color. It is best to do this within 45 seconds or less.
- Step Four: Roll into the shape of a log; lay the log in the upper tray in a 'U' shape that mimics the shape of your teeth. Do not smash down. The log should go all the way to the back of the tray.
- Step Five: Place the tray in your mouth so your teeth are positioned over the center of th putty log. Press the tray straight up in place with your thumbs for 3 minutes without moving the tray.
- Step Six: Open the mouth and pull the tray straight down to remove.
- Step Seven: Repeat procedure with the properly fitting lower tray. You will get a perfect impression.
Don't worry if the first impression is not perfect. In your kit there is an extra set of putty to try again.
- Do not use rubber gloves when you mix the putty.
- The working time and setting time will be affected by temperature.
Protect against moisture and keep in a dry place.